- Qualitative screening of GMO derived products. Using Veriti® 96-Well Fast Thermal Cycler we perform end-point qualitative PCR analysis of GMO derived products.
- Quantitative screening of GMO derived products. Using 7500 Fast Real-time PCR system we quantitatively measure the amplification of DNA using fluorescent dyes through a process known as real-time polymerase chain reaction (Real-Time PCR) or quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR).
- Meat speciation using gene specific oligonucleotide makers. We analyse meat and meat products derived from Gallus, Porcine, Bovine and Ovine among many others species.
- Molecular diagnoses of horticultural plant pathogens. We use PCR based methods for early detection of bacterial, viral and fungalinfections in horticultural crops including flowers.
- DNA fingerprinting of rice using simple sequence repeats (SSRs) Microsatellites.
Head of Laboratory
Testing Services Department
Kenya Bureau of Standards
Popo road, off Mombasa road
PO. Box 54794 – 00200