Certified Quality Professional (CQP) Qualification
Welcome to the Certified Quality Professional (CQP) Qualification Program, a collaborative initiative by the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) and the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB), aimed at promoting and entrenching a culture of quality in Kenya.
The Certified Quality Professional (CQP) qualification is a result of the partnership between KEBS and KASNEB. Designed to foster quality leadership, the CQP program encompasses six core competencies that span the entire quality management spectrum:
- Quality Management Systems
- Governance, Leadership, and Ethics
- Quality Planning, Risk, and Opportunities Management
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Quality Performance Management
- Quality Improvement and Innovation
Benefits of CQP
Examinations and Registration
The CQP examination is administered by KASNEB. Examinations cover a range of competencies, ensuring comprehensive knowledge and skills development.
The CQP qualification is structured into three levels: Foundation, Intermediate, and Advanced. Each level includes specific courses that cover a range of quality-related subjects.
- CQP 101: Quality management systems
- CQP 102: Communication and customer relations
- CQP 103: Documentation and records management for quality
- CQP 104: Introduction to standardization
- CQP 105: Quality planning, risks and opportunities management
- CQP 106: Quantitative skills and data analytics
- CQP 201: Management principles, leadership and ethics
- CQP 202: Quality control, assurance & performance management
- CQP 203: Management systems audits
- CQP 204: Innovation & knowledge management
- CQP 205: Project management
- CQP 206: Research methodology
- CQP 301: Strategy and governance
- CQP 302: Quality Infrastructure, and Legal Framework
- CQP 303: Enterprise Risk Management
- CQP 304: Quality improvement & excellence models
- CQP 305: Research project / Workshop Case Presentation
Candidates entering the CQP course should have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C+ and above or a Diploma in Quality Management from a recognized institution.
Exemptions are available based on certain qualifications and experience. Please refer to the exemption criteria for more details.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining the CQP Qualification Program, follow these steps:
- Download the brochure for detailed program information.
- Watch the student registration guide video for step-by-step guidance on the application process.
- Visit the KASNEB website to complete your application.
Join us in shaping the future of quality professionals. Elevate your career with the Certified Quality Professional (CQP) Qualification.
Link: Watch Student Registration Guide Video